Jay M. Marks, DMD. This can appear very early on the tongue, allowing the tongue to be a window into our health. The red stain in the picture is caused by a disclosing tablet, which stains the bacteria and plaque, which is growing in our mouths and on the tongue. This growth of bacteria is also a leading cause of bad breath.
This link between diseases in our bodies and our oral health is confirmed by clinical testing on subjects. The bacteria from systemic diseases found in our mouths can be related to:
- Men’s infertility
- General & jaw related osteoporosis
- Low weight of a newborn fetus/premature births
- Increased chance of developing diabetes
- Inhaling mouth bacteria can cause pneumonia
- Heart attacks & strokes (cardiovascular problems)
If you have any concerns about your oral health, or want a second opinion for a dental issue, please CONTACT US.