Dr. Marks graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ, Magna Cum Laude, with a Bachelor of Science Degree. He was a member of the Phi Zeta Kappa Honor Society, Phi Omega Epsilon Honor Society, and the Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society.
Dr. Marks received his DMD Dental degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Dental Medicine, also in Teaneck, New Jersey.
Dr. Marks has held a number of teaching positions, including Student Teaching Fellow and FDU School of Dental Medicine; Clinical Instructor of Operative Dentistry, Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine; Clinical Instructor Department of Dental Auxiliary Utilization, and Clinical Instructor, Restorative Department, FDU School of Dental Medicine; Instructor of Dental Technology, and organizer of Dental Assisting Program at the United States Public Health Service Hospital, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania; and Clinical Supervisor of Dental Hygiene Clinic, Williamsport Area Community College, Williamsport, Pennsylvania. He also held the position of Instructor at Rochelle Dental Laboratories in NYC, and Yonkers, NY.
Dr. Marks attained the rank of Lieutenant Commander in the United States Public Health Service, where he received various letters of Commendation. He was additionally the Deputy Chief Dental Officer at the United Stated Public Health Service Hospital, Lewisburg, PA.
Dr. Marks held additional clinical positions at the USPHS Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas; USPHS Clinic, Danbury, CT; Attending Staff Dentist/Consultant at the Evangelical Community Hospital, Lewisburg, PA; Attending Staff Dentist/Consultant at The Jewish Home for the Elderly, Fairfield, CT; and the Glenn Hill Nursing Home, Danbury, CT. Dr. Marks has owned his current practice in Danbury, since 1991.
Dr. Marks has held the following Consultant positions:
- Educational consultant/Lecturer, Oral Health Concern, Elmsford, NY
- Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Dental Medicine, in association with Dean, F. B. Curcio, DMD
- Prosthetics consultant, Rochelle Dental Laboratories, Westchester, Brooklyn, Santo Domingo
- Consultant and contributor to the textbook "Endodontics", by Dr. John Ingle.
Dr. Marks' passions are Tennis, Scuba Diving, and Creating Smiles.
Dr. Marks has been a member of the following Professional Societies:
- American Dental Association
- Connecticut State Dental Association
- Greater Danbury Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of Operative Dentistry
- Association of Military Surgeons of the U.S.
- Commissioned Officers Association of the USPHS
- American Analgesia Society
- American Endodontic Society
- Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
- Clinical Research Associates
- American Society of Forensic Odontology
Dr. Marks is a member of the Affinity Committee of the Connecticut State Dental Association, as well as the Council on Continuing Education, as well as the Council on Insurance.
After extensive Continuing Education, and a comprehensive examination, Dr. Marks received the Award of Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD). Dr. Marks considers continuing education very important in order to keep up to date with the most current issues and techniques in dentistry, and continually attends continuing education courses.
Dr. Marks held the position of Annual Chairman for National Children's Dental Health Week, for the Pennsylvania Dental Association.
Dr. Marks performs clinical research and evaluation of numerous products and procedures as a researcher with Clinical Research Associates/Clinicians report, who's research is published internationally. He is one of 400 researchers throughout the world.
Dr. Marks has given lectures and presentations at the following National Professional Dental Meetings:
- Academy of General Dentistry, Atlanta
- American Dental Association, Anaheim
- Metropolitan Denver Dental Society
- East Coast District Dental Society, Miami
- Fifth District Dental Society of Georgia, Atlanta
- Pan Pacific Dental Conference, Hawaii
- Commissioned Officer's Association of USPHS, Houston
- Pennsylvania Dental Laboratory Association Meeting, Lewisburg
- Texas Dental Association, San Antonio
- United States Public Health Service Meeting, Orlando, Washington, DC, Phoenix
- American Dental Association, Las Vegas
- New York State Dental Society, Poukeepsie
- American Dental Association, Anaheim
Dr. Marks has published original articles in the following Professional Journals:
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association News
Dr. Marks contributed to Dr. John I. Ingle's textbook - "Endodontics"