Research into dreams will reveal that dreams about the mouth and teeth are very common, states Dr. Marks. The meanings of these structures are obvious- to smile to the world, to speak, and to eat and drink. However, when the sun goes down, and our head hits the pillow, and our eyelids shut out any remaining light, new meanings can be given to our teeth.
So what are the meanings of dreams about our teeth and mouths........... CLICK TO FINISH
If the dream contains bright, gleaming, sparkling teeth, this represents wishes that are fulfilled and along with happiness.
Dreams of brushing, relates to confidence levels, levels of aggressiveness & struggles. You may feel you have a shaky position.
Dreams about teeth falling out, or missing is very common. The subconscious meaning varies per person.
- We all think that having a nice smile is a very important attribute physically. If you feel awkward in regards to how you appear, loss of teeth can appear in a dream. It can also reveal insecurities about sexual function, discomfort about aging, and fears of being rejected.
- While awake, it is embarrassing, but in a dream it can correspond to anxiety of being in a situation where you feel foolish
- In order to chew, or bite our meals, we use powerful instruments- our teeth. If we dream of missing or weakened choppers, it could show being anxious about a perceived weakness.
- If the dream involves trying to fit your teeth back, it can show being embarrassed, or lacking in one's self confidence. It can show concern about others knowing about any shortcomings you may have. If you remain calm and cool in the dream, it may show that you know how to make the best of situations.
- Teeth play a part in how we appear to others. They also help in the ritual of flirting, and kissing. Such dreaming of tooth loss can lead to unattractive feelings, feelings of rejection, fear of aging, and fear not being desired sexually. Dream studies show that menopausal women commonly had dreams about their teeth.
- Missing teeth make it harder to talk. This dream can represent you not speaking up concerning an issue, or not being able to express a point.
- Missing teeth dreams can refer to embarrassment. You may feel you'll be ridiculed when you are not prepared for a task at hand. Many times, our imaginations are worse than actuality.
- Loosing teeth sometimes relates to gaining money. We can thank the Tooth Fairy tales for this one. Remember, leave a tooth under your pillow, and get a $ reward. (Used to be cents, now its dollars).
Dreams of your teeth and mouth are not generally directly related to what you are dreaming about, but can represent a number of different scenarios. If you find yourself thinking about your teeth or mouth while you are awake, it may be directly related to their health, in which case we may be able to help. If so please CONTACT US!